Posts for tag: restorative dentistry
Considering dental implants? Your teeth play an important role in daily activities like smiling, talking, and eating. Without one or more of those teeth, life will become difficult. Dental implants are the gold standard in the replacement of missing teeth. Comprehensive Dental Care, which is located in West Hartford, CT, offers state-of-the-art, dental implants to their patients. Here are five reasons to consider dental implants.
1. Improve Your Look- Tooth loss can ruin a nice smile. Dental implants can improve your appearance and take years off your look. Dental implants are the next best thing to real teeth. Dental implants are embedded in your jawbone – just like your natural teeth. They offer a way to have replacement teeth that look beautiful and natural.
2. Easier Eating- Eating can be a challenge when you have missing teeth. Dental implants offer a tooth replacement option that is comfortable and functional. Implants and their crowns help restore the ability to chew food. With dental implants from West Hartford, you will be able to eat whatever you want with confidence.
3. Prevent Teeth Shifting- The absence of a tooth can push teeth out of alignment. When you lose a tooth, the adjacent teeth will begin to drift out of place. Misaligned teeth could cost you a fortune down the road in dental expenses. Dental implants can close the gaps in your smile and prevent your natural teeth from drifting out of place.
4. Improved Speech- The absence of one or more teeth can compromise your speech. Even one missing tooth can lead to mumbled and slurred speech. Ill-fitting dentures can be uncomfortable and cause speech problems. Dental implants can improve your speech. With dental implants, you will feel confident when speaking in public.
5. Stop Jawbone Loss- A healthy jawbone is important in order to support your teeth properly. Jawbone loss is a common consequence of tooth loss. Dental implants can keep your jawbone strong and healthy. Dental implants are the only teeth replacement option stop jawbone loss and stimulate bone growth.
Want a better life? Start with your smile. Say yes to dental implants! Call Comprehensive Dental Care at (860) 233-7514 today to schedule a dental consultation in West Hartford, CT. Dental implants will give you the freedom to enjoy life again!
Tooth-colored fillings offer a better way to restore teeth damaged by tooth decay. The dentists at Comprehensive Dental Care in West Hartford, CT, discuss the advantages of the fillings.
What are tooth-colored fillings?
Tooth-colored fillings are made of composite resin, a flexible, plastic-based material that is tinted to match common tooth shades. Although composite resin is soft and pliable, it becomes as hard as your tooth enamel when it's exposed to a curing light. Tooth-colored fillings offer several benefits that the old silver amalgam fillings don't, such as:
- Better Appearance: Because composite resin fillings match your tooth color, the filled area isn't obvious when you smile or laugh. Tooth-colored fillings are an excellent choice whether you have a new cavity or need to replace old silver amalgam fillings.
- Stronger Teeth: Teeth become a little weaker after they've been filled. Because the first step in the filling process involves removing the decayed area and a margin of healthy tooth structure, some weakening is unavoidable. Weak, fragile teeth are more likely to crack or fracture, resulting in the need for crowns, root canal therapy or even extractions. Unlike silver amalgam fillings, tooth-colored fillings bond to your teeth and actually strengthen them. They also require the removal of a smaller area of healthy tooth structure, which results in less weakening of teeth.
- No Discoloration: Silver amalgam fillings aren't just noticeable on the surface of teeth. You may notice that your tooth looks a little darker than surrounding teeth if you have a particularly large filling. Discoloration may also occur if an old amalgam filling begins to leak into your enamel, making your tooth appear gray. Since composite fillings match the color of your teeth, these problems aren't a concern when you receive tooth-colored fillings in our West Hartford office.
Protect and enhance your smile with tooth-colored fillings. Call the dentists at Comprehensive Dental Care in West Hartford, CT, at (860) 233-7514 to schedule your appointment.
How dental implants from your dentist in West Hartford can restore your smile
If you are haunted by a smile that is less than perfect, with gaps from missing teeth, it’s time to think about getting your smile back! You can restore your smile back to greatness thanks to dental implants! Your dentists at Comprehensive Dental Care in West Hartford, CT want to share the facts about how dental implants can help you and your smile.
Dental implants are the modern, high-tech way to restore your full, beautiful smile. They have benefits and advantages that simply can’t be matched by removable partials or dental bridgework. Dental implants are a better solution because:
- Unlike partials, you don’t have to remove them for cleaning. You simply brush and floss them along with your natural teeth.
- Unlike partials, your implants won’t move around. They are firmly embedded in bone and are fixed in place.
- Unlike bridgework, dental implants are conservative. Your dentist won’t need to prepare any other teeth, just the implant area.
- Unlike partials and bridgework, dental implants look just like your natural teeth. You and your friends won’t be able to distinguish your implants from your natural teeth.
Dental implants allow you to eat the foods you love, chewing and firmly biting on apples and other hard foods, without worrying about movement or damage. Your new dental implants will also not pick up stains like your natural teeth. This means even if you are a tobacco user or coffee drinker, you can still have a great smile!
Dental implants are also a highly successful procedure, boasting a success rate of over 95 percent, according to the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. They are made of titanium, a body-friendly material that actually fuses with bone, so your body won’t reject the implants.
So, isn’t it time you investigated dental implants for yourself? Don’t let lost teeth haunt your smile. Call your dentists at Comprehensive Dental Care in West Hartford, CT today to get started on dental implants and restore your smile!
You've probably visited your dentist for only a handful of reasons: the standard cleaning and checkup twice a year, and the occasional cavity filling. But at Comprehensive Dental Care in West Hartford, CT, our dentists provide a wide variety of dental services, all aimed at maintaining good dental health and helping their patients look and feel their best! Here's just a few of the other treatments and procedures we provide.
Even though children will eventually lose their primary teeth (often called "baby teeth"), starting a good dental hygiene routine early on is very important. Your West Hartford dentist recommends scheduling a child's first dental appointment at age 3. This allows your dentist to monitor the growth of their teeth and make necessary recommendations to head off any potential problems. Our dentists provide our youngest patients with cavity-fighting treatments like fluoride application and sealants, which provide a protective barrier between plaque and the teeth.
A missing or damaged tooth can be a blow to the self-esteem; it can also cause painful problems to develop. Fortunately, your dentists at Comprehensive Dental Care know how to repair and replace missing and damaged teeth with long-lasting and effective treatments. Dentures, bonding, root canal therapy and dental implants are all part of the restorative services we provide.
If you have a healthy smile but still have some visible flaws in your teeth, a cosmetic treatment from one of our West Hartford dentists might be exactly what you need. Whitening can brighten your teeth up to eight shades, contouring can help to reshape edges and crown lengthening can help restructure excessive gum tissue. A consultation with one of our skilled dentists can help determine what you need to achieve your best smile.
To schedule an appointment for any of these procedures, contact Comprehensive Dental Care in West Hartford, CT, to talk to one of our helpful office staff members. We'd be glad to help you!
Dental implants offer an innovative way to replace a missing tooth. Learn more about the parts of a dental implant and the advantages of this tooth replacement option from Dr. John Rosenlieb, Dr. Robert Alexander, Dr. Bruce Abel and Dr. Joe Parets--your West Hartford, CT dentists at Comprehensive Dental Care.
Dental implant parts
Dental implants consist of three parts that work together to form one artificial tooth. The parts include:
- The Titanium Implant: The implant looks like a small screw and acts as the root for your new tooth. It's constructed of titanium, a strong, lightweight metal that is capable of bonding to bone. During the first step of the implant process, your West Hartford dentist makes an opening in your jawbone to hold the implant. Bonding, the most important part of the process, takes a little time but is usually complete in about three to six months.
- The Abutment: The abutment connects the implant to the crown. It's usually made of titanium or ceramic and is placed on your dental implant once bonding takes place.
- The Crown: Since implants only replace the tooth roots, you'll also need a replacement for the portion of the tooth visible above the gum line. Dental crowns are the perfect option because they look just like your natural teeth. Crowns are attached to your gum line and cemented in place.
Longevity is the most impressive benefit of dental implants. Your implant will remain attached to your jawbone for your entire life, as long as you practice good oral hygiene. If you choose to replace your missing tooth with a bridge, you'll probably need to replace it at least several times, as bridges tend to wear out after five to 15 years.
Implants feel more like real teeth than any other tooth replacement option. Since the implant is firmly rooted in your jaw, your new tooth won't slip and irritate your gums or move when you chew.
Restore your smile with dental implants! Call Drs. Rosenlieb, Alexander, Abel and Parets, your West Hartford, CT dentists at Comprehensive Dental Care, at (860) 233-7514 to schedule your implant consultation.