Welcome to Our Practice
Dentist West Hartford, CT - Comprehensive Dental Care
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, a couple things have remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety, as well as that of our dental team and our dedication to maintaining your oral health.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, as you may have seen this during past visits to our office. Our infection control processes allow your appointments to be both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we will be following in our practice upon reopening to keep patients and our staff safe.
Our office’s infection control protocols follow recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You will see many changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to protect our patients and dental team. For example:
· Our office will communicate with you before your scheduled appointment to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office. Our dental team, including doctors, will also be screened before starting their shift. These questions are our first line of defense in minimizing the spread of Covid-19, please take them seriously. A positive response to any of these questions may necessitate rescheduling of your appointment.
· Your temperature will be taken upon arrival at the office. An elevated temperature reading will require your appointment to be rescheduled.
· Please wear a mask or face covering when you come to your appointment.
· We have hand sanitizer at the entrance to our office that we will ask you to use when you enter. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
· We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. A reduced number of socially distanced chairs will be available if needed.
· We will have medical grade HEPA air filtration units in each operatory and in the reception area.
· Doctors, assistants and hygienists will be provided with the recommended medical grade masks/respirators and face shields.
· Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys etc. since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
· Dental cleaning procedures will be different as we limit aerosol production. This means there will be minimal use of cavitron and polishing paste. We assure you our cleanings will continue to meet our high clinical standards and your oral health will not be compromised. This change in technique greatly reduces the risk of Covid-19 spread and ensures your and your hygienists safety.
· As always, all dental operatories, chairs, x-rays sensors and work surfaces will be thoroughly disinfected prior to every patient being seated.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (860)233-7514 or visit our website at westhartforddentalcare.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back!
The Comprehensive Dental Care Team
At Comprehensive Dental Care, we value our patient relationships, making it our priority to deliver gentle compassionate care that you deserve from a dentist nearby in West Hartford. We work hard to make you feel at ease by providing exceptional patient care in a relaxed, convenient atmosphere. We strive to develop lifelong relationships with our patients by combining the latest dental technology with a professional and compassionate staff. The result is a beautiful, healthy smile that lasts a lifetime.
We also believe that patients should have sufficient information to make educated decisions about their oral health, treatment options and choice of dentist in West Hartford. You'll find all of this important information on our website, including directions to our West Hartford Dental Office, service descriptions, patient forms, patient education resources and more.
Not only are we a leading dentist in West Hartford, we are a full-service practice providing for all of your dental needs. Our services include:
- Braces (Orthodontia)
- Cosmetic Contouring
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Crowns and Bridges
- Scaling and Root Planing
- Specialty Dentures
Should you ever need additional information about our practice, we are always available to answer your questions. Let us care for your entire family! We look forward to meeting you.
We are conveniently located right next to West Hartford Center and Blue Back Square at 928 Farmington Avenue, West Hartford, CT. We're the dentist near you when you need it!
We want to be your complete family dentistry source, our compassionate staff members dedicate themselves to your complete care.
Please visit us on our Facebook page!